Emergency Management Coordinator
PO Box 209
575 Main Street
Tchula MS 39169
The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for managing the county’s Office of Emergency Management during each of the four phases of Emergency Management, which include: response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation planning.
The Emergency Management Coordinator is also responsible for:
- Coordinating training programs and emergency operations drills.
- Assisting departments with their emergency and mitigation plans.
- Operating the Emergency Operations Center when necessary to manage the distribution of county services and resources to respond to and recover from a man-caused or natural event of significant impact to the county.
- Administering the submittal process for federal and state reimbursement claims for the county’s costs during emergency operations.
- Managing grant funding that is received through various grant programs established under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
For more information on Emergency Preparedness visit MEMA's website.