No, unless any of the following apply to you:
- Change in ownership or occupancy of the home.
- Purchase of additional property that may be eligible.
- Divorced or deceased spouse.
- Either owner had 65th birthday in previous year.
- Either owner became totally disabled in previous year.
Contact the Tax Assessor’s office at 662-834-2865.
April 1st of the year AFTER you move into your home
The special or over 65 exemption is for homeowners who became dis-able or turned 65 years old during the prior year. It exempts the first 75,000 of true value from taxation. Contact the Tax Assessor’s office at 662-834-2865 for more detail information.
Applications are taken January 2nd (or first work day of New Year) through April 1st, Main Floor, Holmes County Courthouse, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.